I've always wanted to make these Danish Butter cookies and was delighted when I saw the post in Anncoo Journal. These cookies are buttery, not too sweet, delicious, certainly a crowd pleaser. I bet that you are not going to stop just at one. These home made cookies will be good as a gift to your relatives and friends for this coming festive season.
Recipe for Butter Cookies
丹麦牛油曲奇(adapted from Anncoo's Danish Butter Cookies with modification to the method)
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 200 gm SCS butter
- 320 gm plain flour
- 120 gm icing sugar (original 130 gm)
- 2 tsp vanilla (original 2 Tbsp)
- Cream the butter with the icing sugar till light and fluffy. Add in the egg, mix well.
- Fold in the sifted flour, mix well.
- Pipe out using tip 195.
- Bake in a preheated oven @ 200 deg.C for 9 mins.
- Let cool.
- Store cookies in a cookie jar.
- Yield : 95 cookies
I'm submitting this post to the Bake Along event hosted by
Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids, Joyce of Kitchen Flavours and Lena of Frozen Wings
and the theme is 'Chinese New Year Cookies'