This is a non-dairy ice cream which is absolutely easy to make with only three ingredients. I like it that it's light and fat free, except for a bit of oil from the peanut butter and it's refreshing, just right for dessert after a hearty meal.
Recipe for Non-dairy Banana Ice Cream
- 420 gm/4 frozen ripe bananas (nett weight)
- 2 Tbsp peanut butter
- 3 Tbsp water to facilitate blending
- a pinch of salt (optional)
- Cut the bananas into 1/2 inch slices. Place on a plate lined with a plastic sheet, uncovered, in the freezer, for 2 to 3 hours till hard.
- Blend or process in a food processor together with the peanut butter. Add water to facilitate blending if necessary.
- Serve immediately or store in the freezer in a container for a firmer and scoopable ice cream.