Think I'm hit by the Muffin bug again. For breakfast I made these Choc Chip Muffins and added in some orange zest for a fruity fragrance. There were some leftovers for afternoon tea as well and I just heated them up in the oven toaster as I like to have my muffins warm.
Recipe for Choc Chip Orange Muffins
- 9 oz plain flour
- 4 oz caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup Canola oil
- 125 to 150 ml plain yoghurt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 100 gm choc chips
- 2 tsp orange zest
- a pinch of salt
- Sift flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt into a mixing bowl. Mix in sugar thoroughly.
- Whisk eggs, oil, vanilla and yoghurt till well combined
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Toss in the choc chips and orange zest, mix till just combined.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop mixture into the muffin liners till 3/4 full.
- Bake in a preheated oven @ 200 deg.C for 20 to 25 mins. till skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool on a wire rack.
I'm linking this post to Best Recipes. Theme for September is 'Chocolate Wonderland'
hosted by Fion of Xuan Hom's Mom Kitchen Diary