These oatmeal cranberry cookies are quick and easy to prepare and they can be a hit with both the kids and adults. Rolled oats are used in these cookies and the ingredients are easy to put together. You can bake them in a shorter time if you prefer them to be soft and chewy in the centre or if you prefer crispy cookies, just bake them a little longer. You can also make this as a gift for X'mas and the batter can be prepared, keep refrigerated and the cookies baked the next day.
Recipe for Oatmeal Cranberry Cookies
- 226 gm butter
- 195 gm plain flour
- 100 gm soft brown sugar
- 30 gm caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp salt (reduce or omit if you're using salted butter)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 260 gm rolled oats
- 100 gm dried cranberries
- 40 gm choc chips
- Sift flour with bicarbonate of soda and salt, set aside.
- Beat butter, add the brown sugar and caster sugar, beat till well combined. Add in the eggs. Add in the vanilla, mix well.
- Fold in sifted flour into the batter, mix well.
- Add in the rolled oats, choc chips, cinnamon and finally the cranberries. Mix well.
- Scoop the batter with an ice cream scoop onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Place cookies 2 inches apart, flatten slightly with your fingers.
- Bake in a preheated oven @ 180 deg.C for about 15 to 20 mins.
- Yield : 20 large cookies