I used both fresh Turmeric aka 'kunyit' and Galangal aka 'lengkuas' in this Turmeric Chicken recipe and together with crushed lemon grass and a sprinkling of kaffir leaves, this chicken dish was extremely delicious and fragrant. It was indeed a good accompaniment with white rice, roti pratha or even plain bread. Above all, this chick dish was very easy to whip up without much fuss.
Recipe for Turmeric Chicken ~ 黄 姜 鸡
- 2 chicken legs, cut into two
- 10 shallots
- 10 gm fresh turmeric
- 3 to 4 cm galangal
- 3 stalks lemon grass, crushed
- 1 fresh chilli
- 5 pieces fresh kaffir leaves
- Salt and sugar to taste
- Blend or pound the shallots, turmeric, galangal and lemon grass. Add in some salt, sugar, mix well.
- Marinate the chicken pieces with the above pounded ingredients, preferably overnight.
- In a pan, place the marinated chicken pieces, add in about 1/2 cup water, bring to the boil, lower heat to simmer. Cover and cook the chicken till tender and almost dry.
- Fine tune to taste.
- Add in the kaffir leaves, mix in well.
- Toss in the sliced chillies, dish out and serve.
I'm linking this post to the Little Thumbs Up, organised by Bake for Happy Kids,
My Little Favourite DIY and hosted by Diana of Domestic Goddess Wannabe and the theme for April is 'chicken'.