These afternoon tea muffins are delicious with honey and a sprinkling of cinnamon sugar. The Peckham pears gave an added crunch and moisture to these not too sweet treats. Enjoy these with a cup of hot beverage or a glass of cold milk!
Recipe for Pear and Honey Muffins ~ 密糖梨满芬
- 8 oz plain flour
- 3 oz sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup Yoghurt
- 1/4 cup melted butter or Canola Oil ( I used Canola Oil)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 cup diced Peckham pear
- Brown sugar + a bit of cinnamon for sprinkling
- Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Whisk egg, yoghurt, honey, vanilla and oil. Pour this into the dry ingredients
- Gently stir in the pears, do not overmix.
- Scoop onto paper lined muffin pan. Sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon mixture.
- Bake in a preheated oven @ 200 deg.C for 18 to 20 mins. Test with a skewer till it comes out clean.
- Serve warm with a dollop of honey.
I'm submitting this post to the Little Thumbs Up event organised by Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids and