What can be more refreshing then a serving of homemade sorbet as an afternoon snack or a dessert? This is a very simple sorbet, basically, it's just frozen water or juice with some fruit and in my case, it's lychee and lemon with a sprinkling of freshly ground kaffir leaves. The kaffir leaves are not only fragrant but the tiny dots of green just help to make the sorbet more attractive and pretty.
Recipe for Lychee Lemon Sorbet ~ 荔枝柠檬沙冰
- 1 can Lychee with juice
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, finely shredded
- A pinch of salt
- 1 Tbsp Cointreau (optional)
- Puree the Lychee with juice, kaffir leaves, salt and lemon juice in a blender till smooth. Strain the mixture and blend again.
- Pour the mixture into a container, cover with cling wrap and chill in the fridge, overnight.
- Proceed with the instructions as per your icecream maker but add in the tablespoonful of Cointreau just before adding in the mixture.
- Pour the sorbet into a container and freeze till required.
I'm submitting this post to the Best Recipes for Everyone, May 2015 Event
(Theme : My Favourite Desserts) organized by Fion of XuanHom's Mom and
co-hosted by Aunty Young