I've made spare ribs with red fermented beancurd paste before and today I'm sharing with you a chicken dish with these cubes of bean curd that have been preserved in fermented red rice and other seasonings. No aftermath cleaning of the kitchen was needed as I didn't deep fry these chicken pieces, only cooked them in a non-stick pan, with lid on!
- 750 gm drumsticks and whole leg of chicken
- 1 piece red-fermented beancurd, mashed
- 1 tsp honey
- 20 gm ginger, pounded and juiced
- 4 to 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1.1/4 tsp sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp light soya sauce
- 1/2 tsp dark soya sauce
- 50 ml water to add to the mashed red-fermented beancurd
- a pinch of salt
- 2 tsp Shoaxing wine to drizzle
- Marinate the chicken with the mashed beancurd, honey, ginger juice, minced garlic, sugar, light and dark soya sauce and a pinch of salt. (I marinated them overnight, kept refrigerated).
- Place the chicken onto a non-stick pan, cook on low heat. Gradually add in the marinade, turning the chicken from side to side. Cover with lid and cook on medium heat till the chicken is cooked and the marinade reduced.
- Fine tune to taste.
- Drizzle on the Shaoxing wine and turn off heat.
- Dish out and serve immediately.