These banana chocolate cupcakes are moist and delicious which are very suitable for tea or a party gathering. Just mix the wet ingredients in a one bowl and the dry ingredients in another, mix them up and you're done. Another plus point is that oil is used instead of butter. Oil makes the cupcakes tender that stores well and also these cuppies can be refrigerated and still stay soft.
Recipe for Banana Chocolate Cupcakes ~ 香蕉巧克力蛋糕
- 150 gm plain flour
- 100 gm caster sugar
- 15 gm cocoa powder
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- 150 gm mashed banana, without skin
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3/4 tsp vanilla
- raw sugar to sprinkle (optional)
- Whisk together plain flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt, set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk egg, mashed banana, water, milk, oil and vanilla. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients, add the wet ingredients, stir.
- Line a muffin pan with paper liners, and use an ice cream scoop to pour the batter into the muffin cups, about 3/4 full. Sprinkle on some raw sugar.
- Bake in a preheated oven @ 180 deg.C for 20 to 25 mins. till skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan before removing onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Makes 12 cupcakes.