These Cola Chicken Wings cooked the Chinese way are finger licking good. Easy to prepare with simple ingredients that can be found in most households. Coke together with the soya sauce made a delicious sweetish and savoury glaze for the chicken. Simply Yum!
Recipe for Cola Chicken Wings Chinese Style ~ 可乐雞翼
- 600 gm chicken wings
- 1 Tbsp Chinese cooking wine
- 3/4 cup Coca Cola
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp light soya sauce
- some ginger slices
- 3 star anise
- 1 small piece of cinnamon stick
- 1.1/2 Tbsp oil
- Sesame oil
- dash of seasalt
- Cut the chicken wings into 2.
- Add cooking wine to marinate for a few hours or overnight.
- In a wok, add oil and sugar to caramelise on low heat.
- Add the wings and stir fry till yellow.
- Add Coke and soya sauce, star anise and cinnamon stick.
- Add 1/2 bowl of water to cover and cook till chicken is tender.
- Turn off heat and drizzle on some sesame oil
- Serve immediately.