This pork dish with Korean paste is delicious yet very easy to whip up. And the sesame seeds garnishing does enhance the look as well helps to give it a pleasant fragrance. Perfect to serve with a bowl of plain white rice.
Recipe for Korean style pan-fried pork belly ~ 韩式辣炒五花肉
- 350 gm pork belly, cut into bite size
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1/4 tsp dark soya sauce
- 1.1/2 Tbsp Korean paste/Gochujang
- 1/2 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp light soya sauce
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Season the pork belly with all the sauces except for sesame oil and sesame seeds, for about 2 hours. (I marinated it overnight).
- Place on a non-stick pan and pan fry with some water till tender and cooked.
- Drizzle on the sesame oil and sesame seeds before dishing out onto a plate.
- Serve immediately with rice.
This post is linked to the March 'Little Thumbs Up' event organised by
Joyce of joycescapade.com