This recipe has both orange zest and juice which gives these muffins an awesome orange flavour. Topped with cereal, this will make an excellent nutritious breakfast to start off your day!
Orange Muffins with Cereal Topping ~ 香橙麦片玛芬
- 85 gm melted butter
- 125 gm plain flour
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 60 gm caster sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp orange zest
- 1 Tbsp orange juice
- a pinch of salt
For the topping : 6 Tbsp cereal + 3 tsp Demerara sugar, mix well.
- Sift plain flour, baking powder and salt into a mixing bowl. Whisk in the sugar and orange zest, mix well, set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together the melted butter, egg, milk, vanilla and orange juice.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the flour mixture and mix till just combined.
- Scoop batter into a paper lined muffin pan. Sprinkle with the cereal topping.
- Bake in a preheated oven @ 190 deg.C for 20 mins. Test with skewer till it comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 5 mins, before removing and cooling them on a wire rack.
- Serve warm.
- Yield : 6 muffins