This steamed pork spareribs is readily available in most of the dim-sum restaurants and it's one item that my children will nod in acknowledgement when the dim-sum carts come rolling by. It's not too difficult to replicate this at home and in fact you can make adjustments to it to suit your taste. You can serve this over rice or plain white porridge as a meal like what I'm doing here!
Steamed pork spareribs with black beans ~ 豆豉蒸排骨
- 250 gm pork spareribs cut into bite size
- 2 tsp fermented black beans
- 4 pips of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp finely chopped ginger
- 1 Birdeye chilli, chopped
- 3/4 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp dark soya sauce
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp water
- Combine all the ingredients into a paste.
- Marinate the spareribs with the paste for about 2 hours or preferably overnigh.
- Place the marinated spareribs onto a heat-proof plate.
- Steam under medium heat for about 15 mins. till the spareribs are cooked. If you prefer the spareribs to be more tender, steam for another 10 mins.