The sweet aroma of this cake filled the air in my kitchen as it was baking in the oven. The crunchy top is delicious which gives a perfect finishing touch to a moist and delicious cake. This cake will double up as a luscious and fragrant breakfast treat as well!
Blueberry Streusel Coffee Cake ~ 蓝莓细末蛋糕 (adapted from 'here' with slight adjustment)
- 250 gm plain flour
- 100 gm caster sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 113 gm butter
- 125 gm frozen blueberries (unthawed)
- 100 gm lightly toasted walnuts, chopped
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 50 gm caster sugar
- 50 gm cold butter, cut into cubes
- 80 gm plain flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- To prepare the streusel : combine the sugar, flour and cinnamon, rub in with the cold butter till it resembles breadcrumbs, set aside.
- Sift or whisk the flour, baking powder and salt. Whisk in the sugar, mix well.
- Beat the egg, milk and butter till creamy. Stir this into the dry ingredients.
- Mix in the frozen blueberries and walnuts.
- Spread the batter into a 7 inch sq. pan, lined with parchment paper and greased at the sides.
- Level the surface and sprinkle the streusel on top.
- Bake in a preheated oven @ 180 deg.C for 35 to 40 mins., test with a skewer till it comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan before cutting up to serve.