I was introduced to this dish when we dined out recently and the waitress recommended that this would pair very well with white porridge. I've never thought of a dried shrimp salad and naturally we were game to give it a go. True to what she said, this dish did go very well with the porridge and I tried to replicate it at home. This is indeed delicious and can double up as an appetiser as well. Think it will be a good accompaniment with a glass of cold Beer too!
Dried Shrimp Salad ~ 虾米沙拉
- 150 gm tiny dried shrimps
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 bird eye chillies, cut
- 6 limau kasturi/limes
- 6 tsps sugar or to taste
- With some oil, pan-fry the dried shrimps until they pop up and fragrant.
- Dish out into a mixing bowl.
- Squeeze out the juice from the limes and mix with the sugar till sugar is dissolved.
- Mix in the sliced onion and toss in the chillies.
- Pour the lime juice into the mixture and mix well. Fine tune to desired taste.
- Cover and chill in the fridge before serving.