I served the 'Char Siew' with Sou Mein ~ longevity noodles which are traditionally served during birthdays .... long, uncut noodles which signify long life!
Long, flat, dry noodles that resemble spaghetti
I've grown a liking to this type of noodles as they're a bit chewy on the inside and there's less lye water. This plate of noodles is indeed very delectable especially with 'Char Siew' gravy add-on. I'll definitely be making this again for sure.
- A packet of noodles - I used 210 gm for 3 servings
- Char Siew ~ BBQ pork
- Sesame oil
- Light soya sauce
- Spring onions
- Vegetables of your choice
- Bring a pot of water to the boil, blanch some vegetables, remove, drain and set aside.
- In the same pot of boiling water, add in the lightly rinsed noodle sticks and let cook for about 7 mins., al dente.
- Take out the noodles with a strainer, drain off excess water and place on a serving plate.
- Drizzle on some sesame oil and light soya sauce, mix well.
- Mix in some Char Siew gravy.
- Slice up some Char Siew and place on top of the noodles.
- Add in some blanched vegetables, garnish with some chopped spring onions and add on a dash of pepper.
- Serve immediately.
I'll be submitting this entry to 'Quickies noodle challenge' which is hosted by