Egg drop bittergourd soup ......... this is one soup that I like to whip up as I find it very versatile. It goes well with white rice or just add on some bihun or mee sua for a light and refreshing quick meal!
Quick and simple soup with meat, fish, poultry and veggie, all in one!
- 250 gm chicken frame to make stock
- 250 gm bittergourd, sliced
- 100 gm pork/chicken fillet, sliced
- 10 or more fish balls
- 4 cups water
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Salt to taste
- Sesame oil
- Dash of pepper
- Bring to the boil 4 cups of water, once boiling, add in the washed and cleaned chicken frame. Cover and let it simmer for about 30 mins.
- Wash and remove the seeds from the bittergourd, slice it up and mix in some salt. Set aside.
- Season the meat with some salt, pepper and sesame oil, set aside.
- Remove the chicken bones, add in the seasoned meat and let it cook for a while.
- Squeeze out the water from the sliced bittergourd, rinse and add into the soup.
- Add in the fish balls and lightly beaten egg. Give it a quick stir.
- Add salt to taste and serve hot.