This is a very quick and easy stir-fry dish which is light and refreshing. I do like the crunchy capsicums, cauliflower and together with a bit of lean chicken fillet will make do as a simple dish with a bowl of hot white rice.
If you're not up to preparing something elaborate this quickie dish is just right for you to whip up and it's delicious too.
- 150 gm chicken fillet
- 200 gm mixed capsicums, cut into wedges
- 150 gm cauliflower, cut
- 4 pips garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp cornflour + 1 Tbsp water to thicken
- 2 tsp Shaoxing wine
- Salt, light soya sauce to taste
- 1/2 tsp each of : salt and light soya sauce
- 1 tsp each of : sugar, oyster sauce, sesame oil and cornflour
- A dash of pepper
- Saute the chopped garlic with the oil till fragrant.
- Add in the chicken fillet, stir-fry till cooked.
- Toss in the cauliflower stir-fry, then the capsicums.
- Sprinkle in some water if the dish is a bit dry.
- Add in the cornflour mixture to thicken the gravy, fine tune to taste.
- Turn off heat and add in the Shaoxing wine.
- Dish out and serve hot with rice.