This quickie noodle dish works well as a one-dish meal. I used fresh flat egg noodles, added a bit of mushrooms, meat, beans, Chinese sausage and tadaa.....a meal is ready for a hungry soul!
These noodles are indeed tasty and satisfying. Every morsel can be swallowed as there are no bones to pick! Great to enjoy with a hot cup of Chinese tea, right in front of your TV screen!
- 120 gm chicken breast, diced
- 3 dried shitake mushrooms, washed, soaked and diced
- 100 gm french beans, diced
- 1 Chinese sausage, sliced
- 3 servings fresh flat egg noodles
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tsp cornflour + 2 tsp water to thicken
- 1/2 tsp each of : salt, sugar, light soay sauce and dark soya sauce
- 1 tsp oyster sauce
- a dash of pepper
- Stir-fry the sausage with some oil, then add in the seasoned chicken meat and mushrooms.
- Shallow fry for a while, then add in the water to simmer.
- Once cooked, test for taste and add in the cornflour mixture to thicken.
- Toss in the diced beans, give it a quick stir. Set aside.
- Loosen the noodles and cook them in a pot of boiling salted water, keep stirring for about 4 to 5 mins.
- Strain and rinse over running tap water, return to the pot, give it a quick stir.
- Dish out, drain dry of water and mix into the pan of meat and mushrooms.
- Toss and mix well, dish out onto plates.
- Serve immediately.