I'm sure that many of you food lovers have heared of Cola chicken wings which as the name implies, has coca cola in those wings. But I've cooked mine with Sarsi, with leftover sarsi from Sarsi Bundt cake and hence 'Sarsi chicken wings' came into being. Don't misjudge these skinny undernourished looking wings, they're free range chicken wings that's why. These are more lean but they're tasty, finger-licking good and can be served as finger food or as a snack.
Recipe for Sarsi chicken wings
- 480 gm chicken wings, cut into 2 parts
- 1/2 tsp sugar and salt
- 1/2 Tbsp light soya sauce
- 1 cup sarsi
- 2 tsp dark soya sauce
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- A dash of pepper
- Marinate the chicken wings with a bit of sugar, salt and pepper for about an hour.
- Heat up a wok with some oil, shallow fry the wings till light yellow, flipping from side to side.
- Add sarsi, sugar, salt, light and dark soya sauce, let it simmer under medium heat, covered and cook till wings are tender and semi-dry. Test for taste.
- Add in lemon juice, mix well and turn off heat.
- Dish out and serve with some salad.