This is a rich and indulgent ice cream comprising of vanilla and peppermint choc chip cookies which give the creamy dessert the added crunch. Perfect as a treat or a snack, any time of the day!
Recipe for Mint Cookies Ice Cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3 oz sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 10 choc chip peppermint cookies, crushed.
- Bring heavy cream, milk and salt to a simmer, let cool.
- Whisk egg yolks with sugar together till pale.
- Add the milk mixture to the egg mixture, mix well.
- Then pour back the egg yolk milk mixture into the pot, stirring continously till mixture thickens and can coat the back of the wooden spoon. Add in vanilla.
- Pour into a bowl and cover with cling wrap, let cool and keep refrigerated overnight.
- Process the mixture in the ice cream maker according to instructions. Transfer 1/3 ice cream to a container, add in the crushed cookies, mix quickly and continue layering. Store in freezer before serving.
I'm linking this post to the Little Thumbs Up event, theme for this month, May is 'Milk', organised by
and hosted by Tze of Awayofmind Bakery House