This is a homey dish which I'm sure many of you can easily whip up for lunch or dinner. This dish consists of only three ingredients namely minced pork, lean or with a bit of fat, a few fresh water chestnuts and a salted egg. A dish that can pair well with a bowl of white rice or just plain congee.
Recipe for Minced pork steamed with water chestnuts
- 300 gm minced pork
- 3 water chestnuts
- 1 salted egg
- 2 Tsp cornflour
- 1/2 Tsp light soya sauce
- 1/8 Tsp drop of dark soya sauce
- 2 Tsp water
- Sesame oil to drizle
- Peel and chop up the water chestnuts.
- Mix the minced pork with the salted egg, then add in the water chestnuts, cornflour, water and sauces, mix well.
- Put the pork mixture onto a plate and steam for about 10 mins. Test to see if the meat is cooked.
- Serve with a bowl of rice.