Today I'm sharing with you a two flavoured muffin and undoubtedly coffee and chocolate is a perfect match. To give more oomph to these muffins I added in some chocolate bits and these mufins are best served on the day of baking.
Recipe for Mocha Muffins ~ 咖啡满芬 ( adapted from 'here' with modifications)
- 1/2 cup Buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/4 cup black coffee
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 225 gm plain flour
- 10 gm unsweetened cocoa powder
- 120 gm brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- a pinch of salt
- 100 gm coarsely chopped lightly roasted walnuts
- 100 gm dark choc bits
- Sift or whisk flour with cocoa powder, salt, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda. Mix in the brown sugar and chopped nuts.
- With a hand whisk eggs, buttermilk, oil, coffee and vanilla.
- With a spatula, fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Add in the choc bits. Fold till just combined.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop the batter into the paper lined muffin cups and bake in a preheated oven at 190 deg. C for 18 to 20 mins.
- Yield : 12 muffins
I'm linking this post to the 'Little Thumbs Up' event and the theme for Februray is 'Cocoa'
Grace of Life can be Simple