The mild taste but firm texture of the Grouper fish blends well with the bland silken tofu and black bean sauce. A simple and quick to prepare dish which goes very well with white rice or just plain white porridge.
Fish fillet steamed with Tofu ~ 豆腐蒸鱼片
- 200 gm Grouper fish fillet
- 1 box silken tofu
- 1.1/2 Tbsp fermented whole black beans/tau cheong
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp cornflour
- a small piece of ginger, chopped
- pinch of seasalt
- olive oil
- spring onions to garnish
- Marinate the fish fillet with some seasalt and sugar, set aside.
- Slice up the silken tofu into 10 pieces and place on a dish.
- Place the seasoned fish fillet on top of the tofu.
- Sprinkle on some chopped ginger.
- Mix the black beans with sugar, cornflour and 2 Tbsp of water.
- Pour the mixture over the fish fillet.
- Steam on rapidly boiling water for 6 mins.
- Fine tune to taste, garnish with some chopped spring onions, a dash of pepper and drizzle over some olive oil.
- Serve immediately.