Mooncake festival is here again. And looks like I've been collecting and tempted to collect more and more mooncake moulds each year. I love this 'Fook' or Prosperity mould which was a gift from a good friend and I made these mooncakes with homemade red bean paste.
Red bean paste mooncake ~ 红豆蓉月饼
Ingredients for Skin Dough
- 150 gm superfine flour (may need to add more if too soft to handle)
- 90 ml golden syrup
- 38 ml vegetable oil
- 2 ml alkaline water
- Egg wash - 1 whole egg + 1 tsp water, mix and strain
- Mix syrup, oil and alkaline water thoroughly till no oil surface. Use a ball whisk.
- Sift in flour, mix well with spatula and let rest for 2 hours or more.
- Knead lightly on floured surface.
- Dough skin is 25 gm
- Red bean filling is 25 gm
- Yield : 11 pieces of mooncakes
Filling - Red bean Paste
How to assemble and bake the mooncakes, please check it out 'here'.