True to its name, these cookies are really crispy and crunchy. Have them with coffee, tea or just munching in front of the TV ..... not to worry, almonds are healthy nuts!
Recipe for Almond Crisps
- 4 oz Butter/Margarine
- 3 oz Caster Sugar
- 5 oz Self-Raising Flour - sifted
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 oz nibbed Almonds
- 1/4 Tsp Vanilla
- Cream together butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
- Add in the egg yolk, vanilla, followed by the sifted self-raising flour. Mix into a soft dough.
- Form dough into a log shape, cut into 24 equal slices. Shape into rounds and coat with the nibbed almonds.
- Place about 1 inch apart on the baking sheets.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180 deg C for about 20 minutes or till golden brown.
- Cool completely on a wire rack before storing in cookie jar.
If dough is too soft to handle, chill it in the fridge for about 1/2 an hour or until it's firm and not sticky.