I was staring at the bunch of over ripe bananas contemplating whether I should bake a cake with them, then my lazy bones got over me ....... yes, muffins! Simple, less work and naturally less washing up!
Mmmm.... soft, moist flavourful muffins just right for afternoon tea! Super-duper easy to make and this is how I did it .....
- 7 oz plain flour
- 1 lb over ripe bananas, mashed
- 4 oz sugar (2 oz caster and 2 oz brown)
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 oz choc-chips
- 1 oz raisins
- 8 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Sift flour with salt, baking powder and baking soda into a mixing bowl.
- Add in the sugars and mix well.
- Lightly beat up the eggs and add in the oil, vanilla followed by the mashed bananas. Mix well.
- Pour the egg mixture into the flour mixture, add in the choc-chips and raisins.
- Mix till just combined and batter is thick and chunky.
- Spoon batter into the paper lined muffin pan.
- Bake in preheated oven @ 180deg.C on the middle shelf of the oven for about 20 to 25 mins.
- Test with skewer inserted in the centre till it comes out clean.
- Place on a wire rack to cool for 5 mins. before removing the muffins from the pan.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Makes 12 muffins.