I made this for dinner recently and must admit that indeed, the ribs were finger-licking good! Most important is that this was super easy to prepare!
Bake the ribs and blanch some vegetables and a wholesome meal is ready in a jiffy!
- 600 gm prime pork ribs
- 1.1/2 Tbsp honey
- 3 pips garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp oyster sauce
- 1/8 tsp dark soya sauce
- 1.1/2 tsp light soya sauce
- A dash of pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp each of : salt and light soya sauce
- 1.2 tsp chicken granules
- 1.1/2 tsp cornflour + 3 tsp water to thicken
- Wash the ribs under running water, drain, pat dry, set aside.
- Mix the crushed garlic, salt, oystser sauce, honey, pepper and light and dark soya sauce.
- Mix the marinade into the ribs, set aside for about 6 hours or preferably overnight, covered, in the fridge. Turn the ribs once in a while to ensure that the marinade has saturated the meat.
- If the ribs have been refrigerated, take them out at least an hour before cooking.
- Place the ribs on a foil lined baking tray, devoid of marinade, let rest for about 1/2 an hour @ room temperature.
- Bake the ribs in a preheated oven @ 200 deg C, roast for 15 mins, then turn them over to roast for another 15 mins. until the ribs are done, preferably with a slightly singed edge, or put under the grill for 2 mins.
- Cook the sauce and add in any balance marinade, fine tune to taste and preferred consistency.
- Remove the ribs from the oven, let rest for 5 mins. and pour the sauce over them.
- Serve immediately with some salad.