I used to get this from the economy rice stall when I had to fetch my children back and forth from school and will occasionally prepare this at home. It's been quite a while since I've cooked this.....
Recipe for Pork Patties with Mixed Peas
- 250 gm minced pork
- 6 shallots, chopped
- Watties mixed peas
- 1 tsp cornflour + 1.1/2 tsp water to thicken
- 1/2 tsp each of sugar, dark soya sauce, seasalt
- 1 tsp each of oyster sauce, light soya sauce
- 4 tsps of cornlfour
- a dash of pepper and sesame oil
- Marinate the minced pork with the seasoning, cornflour and chopped shallots for about 2 hours or more. Mix well.
- Use hands to shape each into 1/2 inch thick and 2 inch round patties.
- Pan fry them in a non-stick pan, cook on each side till light golden and cooked through. Transfer them onto a plate.
- Simmer 3/4 cup water, add in some salt and light soya sauce. Fine tune to taste and add in the cornflour thickening. Toss in the mixed peas.
- Pour the mixed peas sauce over the pork patties.
- Serve hot with rice.
Seasoning for the minced pork