It's one of those evenings when I'm too lazy to crack my brain over what to cook for dinner and to make life more relaxing, I whipped up this one-dish meal. It has carbohydrates, protein and adding sweet potatoes to our diet is beneficial too for these tubers contain Vitamins B6, C and D and also have a fair amount of potassium and calcium.
Recipe for Sweet Potato Rice
- 400 gm Japanese sweet potatoes
- 100 gm pork fillet
- 20 gm dried shrimps
- 2/3 cups rice
- sesame oil
- Fried shallots and chopped spring onions for garnishing
- 1/2 tsp each of sugar, light soya sauce, salt
- 1 tsp oyster sauce
- Season the meat for about an hour, set aside.
- Peel and cut the sweet potatoes into cubes.
- In a wok, shallow fry the dried shrimps, add in the marinated meat followed by the sweet potatoes. Give the mixture a few stirs, turn off heat.
- Wash the rice and place in the rice cooker with less water than normal.
- When the rice is cooking half-way add in the sweet potato mixture and let it continue till done.
- Fluff up the rice, test for taste, drizzle on some sesame oil.
- Serve in bowls, garnish with fried shallots, spring onions and a dash of pepper.