Chinese Sweet Corn and Chicken Soup ~ 中式甜玉米鸡汤
- Remove the husks and silks from the sweet corn, slice off the kernels vertically, set aside. Chop up the corn cob.
- In a pot, bring the water to a boil, add in the chicken frame, corn cob and chicken breast.
- When the chicken is cooked, remove and let cool before shredding.
- Discard the chicken frame and corn cob.
- Pour in the corn kernels, let it simmer for a while. Add in the Knorr chicken cube, give it a stir.
- Add in cornstarch thickening and sea salt to taste.
- Pour in the lightly beaten egg through the tines of a fork, stir.
- Ladle into serving bowls, add in a dash of pepper and a sprinkling of mixed dry herbs.