I'm sure that many of us are now planning a cookie list for the coming Chinese New Year. I made these during the holidays and they were well received by my family members. These cookies are quick and easy to make with crunchy cornflakes and chewy cranberries. Furthermore they are delicious and absolutely addictive!
Recipe for Cranberry Cornflake Cookies 蔓越梅玉米曲奇
- 250 gm butter
- 5 oz sugar
- 10 oz/280 gm self-raising flour
- 160 gm cornflakes, crushed and more for coating
- 100 gm cranberries
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- a pinch of salt
1. Cream butter with sugar and vanilla till creamy.
2. Add in sifted flour on low speed till just combined.
3. Add milk and mix till dough just comes together.
4. Stir in the crushed cornflakes and cranberries till well combined.
5. Roll the dough into balls, and coat with some crushed cornflakes.
6. Place the balls of dough on a parchment lined baking sheet.
7. Bake in a preheated oven @ 180 deg.C for about 12 to 14 mins or till light golden brown.
8. Let cookies stand for about 5 mins. to cool before removing them onto a wire tray to cool completely.
9. Store cooled cookies in an airtight cookie jar.
I'm linking this post to Best Recipes for Everyone Jan. & Feb. 2015 Event, Theme : My Homemade Cookies by Fion of XuanHom's Mom, co-hosted by Victoria of Baking Into The Ether
"My Treasured Recipes #5 - Chinese New Year Goodies (Jan/Feb 2015)"
hosted by Miss B of Everybody Eats Well in Flanders and co-hosted by
Charmaine of Mimi Bakery House