These healthy, nutritious crunchy crisps are always a favourite in my family during the festive season. Not much preparation is needed to produce these crisps and only a few ingredients are required but the end result is unbelievably addictive, fragrant and yummy crisps which are difficult to refrain!
Recipe for Orange Sesame Almond Crisps 杏仁片脆饼
(adapted from 'here' with mofidication)
- 1.1/2 eggs
- 45 g sugar
- 23 gm plain flour, sifted
- 15 gm almond meal
- 150 gm almond flakes
- Zest from 1 orange
- black sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Beat eggs, sugar and vanilla till sugar has dissolved.
- Stir in the sifted flour, almond meal, almond flakes, orange zest and black sesame seeds, mix till just combined.
- Drop half teaspoon of batter onto a parchment lined baking sheet and using the back of the spoon, spread batter thinly leaving a space of about 1.1/2 inches apart for the next spoonful.
- Bake in a preheated oven @ 150 deg.C for about 8 to 10 mins, till light brown.
- Cool and store in an airtight cookie jar.
- Yield : 70 crisps.
I'm linking this post to Best Recipes for Everyone Jan. & Feb.2015 Event: Theme
My Homemade Cookies by Fion of XuanHom's Mom and co-hosted by
Victoria of Baking Into The Ether
'My Treasured Recipes #5 - Chinese New Year Goodies (Jan/Feb 2015)' hosted by
Miss B of Everybody Eats Well in Flanders and co-hosted by
Charmaine of Mimi Bakery House