These Sesame Peanut Butter cookies are not only fragrant and crispy but they do store well for some time in an air-tight container. Perhaps you may consider adding this recipe to your CNY cookie list as well.
Recipe for Sesame Peanut Butter Cookies ~ 芝麻花生曲奇
- 4 oz butter
- 2.1/2 oz brown sugar
- 2.1/2 oz caster sugar
- 4 oz creamy or chunky peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 5 oz plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- a pinch of salt
- 2 tsp black sesame seeds, lightly toasted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Sift flour with baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt. Set aside.
- Cream butter with the brown and caster sugar till creamy. Add in the peanut butter, followed by the egg and vanilla.
- Fold in the sifted flour and black sesame seeds, mix till just combined.
- Cover with cling wrap and let rest in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Roll out into 1.1/4 inch balls and place on a parchment lined baking sheet, about 1.1/2 inches apart.
- Bake in a preheated oven @ 180 deg.C for about 10 to 12 mins. Let cool for a while before removing them onto a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight cookie jar.
- Yield : 55 cookies
I'm linking this post to Best Recipes for Everyone Jan. & Feb.2015 Event: Theme
My Homemade Cookies by Fion of XuanHom's Mom and co-hosted by
Victoria of Baking Into The Ether
'My Treasured Recipes #5 - Chinese New Year Goodies (Jan/Feb 2015)' hosted by
Miss B of Everybody Eats Well in Flanders and co-hosted by
Charmaine of Mimi Bakery House