Having some left-over Green Apples from baking the Apple Walnut Yoghurt Cake, I baked this and while making it, can't help reminiscing of my nieces in Aloha and Aussie land, they'll only be too glad to whack this up for me.
Recipe for Apple Raisin Crumble
- 3 to 4 Green Apples
- 80 gm Walnuts/Mixed Nuts coarsely chopped
- 150 gm Plain Flour
- 120 gm Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Teasp. Cinnamon
- 100 gm Butter/Margarine cut into small pieces
- 20 gm Raisins
1. To prepare the crumble - Mix the nuts, flour, sugar and cinnamon in a large bowl. Add the butter and rub in with fingertips until mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Set aside.
2. Peel, core and slice apples.
3. Arrange in an oven dish, sprinkle the raisins on top.
4. Sprinkle the crumble on the apples and raisins, but do not smoothen the crumble.
5. Bake in the preheated oven @ 350 deg.F/180 deg.C for about 45 minutes - until golden brown on top.
6. Serve warm with ice cream, cream, custard or even a nice cup of hot tea.