Yet another one pot meal, introduced by a close friend of mine, easy and simple to cook especially for two people.
the rice is just cooked in the rice cooker .......... give it a stir, add salt to taste
this is indeed delicious, wholesome, full of pumpkin goodness, protein, all in one ........
Recipe for Pumpkin Rice
- 300 gm Pumpkin, cut into cubes
- 100 gm pork fillet, diced
- 20 gm dried shrimps
- 3 pips garlic, chopped
- *1 cup Taj Mahal Herba Ponni rice
- 3 cups water
- 2 Tbsp ol for frying
- Spring onions for garnishing
- 2 Tsp light soya sauce
- 2 Tsp Oyster sauce
- 1 Tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 Tsp salt
- 1/2 Tsp dark soya sauce
- 1/2 Tsp sugar
- a dash of pepper
- Saute the chopped garlic till fragrant, add in the dried shrimps.
- Add in the seasoned meat, pumpkin cubes and 2 Tbsp of water and fry till semi-cooked. Dish out and set aside.
- Wash and cook rice in rice cooker with 3 cups of water.
- After cooking for about 10 to 15 mins., place the semi cooked pumpkin, meat on top of the rice.
- Let rice rest in 'keep warm' cycle for 5 min.
- Mix up the rice, add salt, light soya sauce to taste and drizzle in some sesame oil.
- Garnish with chopped spring onions, a dash of pepper and a sprinkling of shallot crisps, if desired.
- Serve with some chopped bird's eye/ chilly padi.
* Taj Mahal Herba Ponni rice absorbs more water and increases in bulk when cooked.
Ratio : 1 cup rice to 2.5 or 3 times water
1 cup rice gives 4 servings.
For ordinary rice, use 2 cups rice and 3 cups water.
Corn and Pumpkin Soup