Recipe for Delicious Fish Porridge
- 300 gm Garoupa fish fillet - Cut into thin slices
- 1/2 cup Rice
- 3.1/2 cups Water
- 2 Tablespoons Quaker instant Oats + 1/4 cup hot water
- Salt & Pepper to taste.
- Spring Onions for garnishing
- 10 gm young Ginger - cut into strips
- 1/8 Teasp. Sugar
- 1 Teasp. Salt
- 2 Teasps. light Soya Sauce
- 1/8 Teasp. Pepper
- 1 Teasp. Sesame Oil
- Marinate the fish fillet with the above seasoning. Set aside.
- Add the 1/4 cup hot water into the instant oats, mix and set aside.
- Cook the rice with the 3.1/2 cups of water in a rice cooker, on 'Porridge' mode.
- Once the rice grains open up, add in the oats that have been soaked in hot water.
- Mix well and continue to cook till the porridge is soft and gluey.
- Stir in the seasoned fish fillet, cook for a while and switch off the heat.
- Add salt to taste, garnish with a sprinkling of spring onions, add a dash of pepper and it's ready to serve.
I added instant oats to the porridge as I used Basmati rice which is not starchy.