Recipe for Simple and Easy Steam Fish
- 1 piece Garoupa Fish Block, about 300 gm
- 1 medium size Tomatoe - cut into wedges
- 1 piece Bean Curd - sliced
- 2 dried Shitake Mushrooms, soaked and sliced
- 10 gm Ginger - chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Light Soya Sauce
- 1/2 Teasp. Salt
- 1/4 Teasp. Pepper
- 1/8 Teasp. Sugar
- 1/4 Cup water
- 1 Tablespoon Shaoxing wine
- 1 Tablespoon Olive oil
- Spring Onions - cut
- A dash of Pepper
1. Place the seasoned fish block on a plate, add in the tomatoes, bean curd, mushrooms and chopped ginger.
2. Steam the fish in a steamer of rapid hot boiling water, for about 8 minutes. Pierce the centre of the fish block with a chopstick and if it can be pierced through, then it's done. Do not overcook this dish. Overcooked fish does not taste nice, a bit rough. Switch off the fire.
3. Before taking out the dish, add in the Shaoxing wine, olive oil, spring onions and a dash of pepper.
4. Serve hot with rice.